After all isn't the home where life's building blocks are provided. So join us as we roll up our sleeves and confront everyday life on the Rittgers Home Front!
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, November 2, 2009

Celebrating my 5th Month Birthday with Grandparents!


I turned 5 months on Friday and so mommy and daddy took me on an extended weekend to visit to see my Grandparents. We started the trek north on Friday afternoon to stay with Grandma and Grandpa Kreis through Sunday afternoon. Then we finished the rest of the weekend at Grandpa and Grandma Rittgers Farm.

I had lots of fun rocking with Pa Pa Kreis, playing games with Uncle Charlie, and helping Grandma iron. I even enjoyed resting in Rachel's Blue room in my Pack in Play or playing on my Play Mat in front of the TV watching football with daddy. Mommy helped raked leaves with Pa Pa in the back yard as well as helped Grandma sort some boxes in the laundry room. While I went Trick or Treating, daddy played sports with Uncle David and Uncle Charlie at their Saturday night Dodge ball event.

This weekend at Grandma and Grandpa Kreis' House, I mastered sitting up, finally balancing myself when I play with my toys. YEAH! Also I started to scooting ever so slightly on my knees so that I can reach more toys. Soon enough I will be on the move and believe me I won't stop.

This was also my first Halloween and I surprised my friend Shareen during Trick or Treating with my Pumpkin outfit. She thought I was so cute, posing me for pictures. She even let me play with her clown. I thought he was cool, especially his face.

On Sunday, we went to church at Walnut Ridge so that Grandma Kreis could show off how cute I am to her friends. I did really good sitting through the service. After a while though I got tired of sitting, so mommy took me out in the hallway. Whenever someone walked by, I just smiled at them showing them I am a social flirt. After church, we grabbed a bite to eat back at the house and then packed up to go to the Rittgers Farm.

As soon as we got to the Rittgers Farm, we headed out to the field where I took my very first combine ride with Grandpa Rittgers. I had so much fun sitting on his lap watching the tractor harvest the corn and loading it into the wagons. I even helped him drive by turning the steering wheel. We took some pictures by the combine and the corn. I really did not want to leave; perhaps I will be a farmer when I grow up.

That afternoon we had a cousin party at the farm. I got to play with my cousin Isaac again. Of course some of daddy's cousins were there as well as my Great Aunts and Uncles. While I ate my rice cereal with Uncle Matt, Grandma made meatballs for the rest of the family. We enjoyed visiting with family so much it felt like a holiday and I did not want to miss anything by napping at my first family get together.

We stayed at the farm through Monday afternoon before heading home. I became partial to playing with Grandma's car Ex Saucer so that I could drive. Also on Monday, I continued hanging out with my cousin Isaac.

I certainly enjoyed spending my fifth month birthday with my Grandparents. I just had so much fun Trick or Treating and riding in the combine. I can't wait to go back for more fun things.

1 comment: