After all isn't the home where life's building blocks are provided. So join us as we roll up our sleeves and confront everyday life on the Rittgers Home Front!
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, May 30, 2009

On being a father

Fatherhood... what a fantastic and terrifying word. I will get to teach Judah all of the little things that a little boy needs to know, like how to make a fishing pole out of a stick and string, how to catch and throw, how to hold the door for his mother.

I will also need to teach him the important things, like how much God loves him, how big the world is, and how to be a good man.

I'm glad that I have plenty of years to figure it out and lots of great role models to learn from. I guess for now I will start with midnight feedings, rocking chairs and lots of love. Hopefully the rest will come with a bit of time and experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment